All Archdiocesan and Parish employees and all volunteers who have regular contact with minors or vulnerable adults must complete the Safe Environment Protocol (paper application, interview, reference check, Code of Conduct, Safe Environment Training and Background Check) BEFORE being employed or accepted as a volunteer.
The following is a summary of the steps required to be considered for employment or volunteer activities:
1. Paper Application. The paper application must to be completed, dated and signed before it can be accepted by the Parish or Archdiocese. The Paper Application is available on the Archdiocesan website: www.archOKC.org. Please type or print legibly. Complete all four pages of the Archdiocesan Application for Employment or Volunteer Service. Do not use relatives or parish clergy as references. Return the Paper Application to the Parish (or Archdiocesan Human Resource Office if applying for a position with the Archdiocese). Applicants are urged to retain a copy of each of these documents for reference. Any false statements on the "Paper Application Declarations" will result in automatic elimination of the applicant.
Note: Your Parish Facilitator may also ask you to submit information to an online site for the background check. In this case, the Parish Facilitator will give you detailed instructions. However, you must complete and provide a Paper Application. The background check is run every three years as long as one stays active.
2. Interview. Either the parish safe environment facilitator or the person in charge of the ministry for which an individual is applying will conduct an interview of the applicant using the required safe environment interview form.
3. Reference Check. The parish safe environment facilitator or the person in charge of the ministry for which an individual is applying will check the three references provided by the applicant.
4. Code of Conduct. Read the Code of Conduct. After reading the Code of Conduct, read and complete all information at the bottom of the "Statement of Receipt and Agreement" (for the Code of Conduct) and sign. Turn this in with the Paper Application. The Code of Conduct is available on the Archdiocesan website: www.ArchOKC.org.
5.Training Workshop. All applicants must attend a training workshop before being approved for ministry. Contact the Parish Facilitator or the Office of Safe Environment if applying for a position with the Archdiocese.
6. Social Media Guidelines. All employees must sign the Social Media Guidelines issued in May, 2017. Also, all volunteers who have regular contact with children and youth (such as teacher aides, volunteer catechists, etc,) must sign the Social Media Guidelines.