Catholic Charities of the Archdiocese of Oklahoma City has come a long way since first opening its doors in 1912 operating a small orphanage in the northwest part of the city. Now beginning our second century of service we can take pride in these modest beginnings and the manner in which Catholic Charities has continuously adapted its services in response to the changing needs of our fellow Oklahomans.
Whether caring for orphaned and abandoned children during the Great Depression, or resettling refugees from Southeast Asia in the 1970s, or providing counseling and case management in the aftermath of the Murrah Building bombing in 1995, Catholic Charities has been on the scene to provide hope and support to Oklahomans in time of need. More recently Catholic Charities has been an integral part of the community’s disaster response and recovery efforts following last year’s devastating tornadoes in central Oklahoma. Our case management services with those families will continue as long as needed.