About the Archdiocese of Oklahoma City

The original Diocese of Oklahoma was erected in 1905, became the Diocese of Oklahoma City and Tulsa in 1930, and was erected into the Archdiocese of Oklahoma City in 1972. The Archdiocese is comprised of more than 120,000 Catholics in central and western Oklahoma, and covers 46 counties and 42,470 square miles.

Our sacred purpose, as the people of the Archdiocese of Oklahoma City, is to joyfully witness to our Catholic faith in central and western Oklahoma through the teaching, sanctifying and governing ministry of Christ and His Church so that the Body of Christ is made present, the universal call to holiness proclaimed and all people are welcomed into the promise of eternal life.

To read more about the vision of the Archdiocese, please download Archbishop Paul Coakley's pastoral letter "Go Make Disciples" here.